Last Revised: May 10, 2009
Note: Precision Timing’s websites are intended for a general audience and are not specifically directed to children. Precision Timing will only collect information from children under the age of 13 as described in sections 7 and 8 herein. Precision Timing may update this policy at any time in its sole discretion. Precision Timing will attempt to notify you of any changes by contacting you through any email address you have provided, or by placing a notice on our site indicating the new revision date.
- Capture and Use of InformationRegistrationIf you participate in interPrecision Timing activities (event registration, message boards, membership program, etc.) on Precision Timing, you may be asked to register for a free ID and password and/or to provide certain personally identifying information including, but not limited to your name, address, phone number, email address and birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry, and personal interests, on event-registration forms.
Unique identifiers, such as IDs and passwords, are collected to verify your identity and for use as account numbers in our record system.
Your contact information may also be used for a variety of purposes including contacting you when necessary for customer service reasons.
Financial information that is collected is used to bill you for products and services that you specifically request.
Registration on any single Precision Timing website will not necessarily permit your registration and access to all Precision Timing websites and you may be required to register more than once for access to multiple Precision Timing websites. However, because some or all of the Precision Timing websites are interrelated, some or all of your personal information may be transferred or shared among these sites. Precision Timing may also combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
Precision Timing also collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that may be offered.
Precision Timing receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Precision Timing cookies information, and the page you request.
Precision Timing uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Your use of the Precision Timing websites is conditioned on your provision of requested information in an accurate and truthful fashion. Failure to provide accurate and truthful information as requested will affect your ability to access the Precision Timing websites.
Registration information for cancelled or terminated accounts may be deleted from Precision Timings databases.
Although Precision Timing uses commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard your private registration information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be guaranteed secure in all instances. Precision Timing accepts no liability for disclosure of registration information caused by transmission errors or the acts or omissions of third parties.
We may use your IP address to identify you and your shopping cart, to administer our website and to assist in diagnosing problems with our server.
Special Note #2 for Users Accessing Precision Timing for Events with Event Directors In some cases, an event on Precision Timing involves an Event Director (ED). An ED is a third party that may coordinate, facilitate, or sponsor an event. In these cases, Precision Timing has agreed to provide to the ED personal information collected from people who register for an event that has been entered by such ED. Each ED operates independently from, and may have privacy and security policies wholly different from, Precision Timing. Prior to registering for an event sponsored by an ED, Precision Timing encourages you to contact the ED and review the ED’s privacy and security practices. Precision Timing bears no responsibility for the activities of any ED to whom Precision Timing may provide information.
- General Privacy InformationPrecision Timing makes various public forums (such as message boards, chat rooms or news groups) available to its users. When you disclose personal information in such public forums, that information can be collected and used by others in various ways, including by sending unsolicited messages. You are solely responsible for any postings you make on public forums on Precision Timing, and for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online. Further, the Precision Timing web site contains links to partners, advertisers and third party Internet sites and services that may collect data in connection with registrations, promotions, e-commerce, etc. Precision Timing is also linked to by, and in some cases framed by, certain partner web sites. Each of the web sites (linked from Precision Timing, or linking to Precision Timing) have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of Precision Timing, and Precision Timing has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. Precision Timing also displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Third party advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria. However, Precision Timing does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement. However, by interacting with or viewing an advertisement you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advertisement. Precision Timing does business with a multitude of vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. For more information regarding providers of products or services that you’ve requested please contact us via the link listed in the last section of this privacy agreement.
- SecurityPrecision Timing has established and maintains reasonable security procedures to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personally identifiable information. We use a variety of industry-standard security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. For example, credit card numbers are encrypted in Precision Timing’s secure database which is located behind a firewall. Personal information and such encrypted credit card numbers collected on Precision Timing are stored in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public. All credit card and registration information supplied by users is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Precision Timing’s technology department conducts frequent site-security audits. “Perfect security,” however, does not exist on the Internet. Although your privacy is very important to us, due to the existing legal regulatory and security environment, we cannot fully ensure that your private communications and other personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, Precision Timing will disclose personal information about an individual user if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with an applicable law or valid legal process.
- Protecting YourselfYou can help to protect your information by safeguarding your Precision Timing password, using caution and discretion when posting information on public areas of the Precision Timing Web site, and by learning more about internet privacy from Web sites such as TRUSTe (www.truste.com) and www.ftc.gov/privacy/. In addition, it is important that you keep us updated with your most current contact information. To review and make changes to your profile, please visit the applicable Precision Timing registration page.
- Parental AccessPrecision Timing is the operator its websites. Please send an email or letter to Precision Timing at the email address provided below if you would like to do any of the following: Access personally identifiable information that has been collected from you or your child; Correct factual errors reflected by such information; Request to have any information collected for you or your child deleted; Request that we no longer collect or maintain such information from you or your child.